Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Jay's First Hair Cut

Last week Jay turned 18 months old. Arendall and I have been going back and forth on wether or not to chop of those beautiful curls. My vote was NO. I said let's grow it out a little bit longer and see what it does. Obviously Arendall did not agree. He and Jay went to the grocery store. When they had been gone for two hours I started getting a little worried. When I called to check on them, Arendall told me he had a few errands to run for work. I didn't think anything of it. When they got home this was all that was left of my sweet baby's curls.

That's right. He got his first hair cut with out me!!! I cried. That same baby I let go to the grocery store with his daddy, came home looking like a little boy.
I have to thank him for at least making sure he got some pictures. He took them to this really cute place by our house called "Cool Cuts". It's designed just for children. They had elmo on t.v., and all the chairs were shaped like rocket ships, cars and things like that. He said Jay did great, he didn't cry at all. He was just a little annoyed that the lady cutting his hair kept getting in the way of the t.v. As long as he knows Lily's hair is off limits, we will be good to go!


Jay had his picture taken with his cousins on his mommy's side, sporting his new do. I will post them when we get them back.

4 comments:

the larsons said...

I would've beaten Arendall if I were you. Eric tried to get me to cut Stella's hair for 3 years before I finally said yes, and I had to take her myself...but I know he looks adorable.

Anonymous said...

Yep! I would have killed him too. Jay, you look like such a big boy now.

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me Arendall took him! I would have cried too.

Ted and Amanda said...

Picture me screaming!!!! Those adoreable curels :( they're gone :(